Welcome to the Scrapbook Global Blog Hop
The theme this month is
This month’s Scrapbook layout theme has been decided by Sara Lavin. I wanted to continue my Its a Bing Thing Scrapbook Layout theme for my granddaughter’s birthday party on Saturday. As I missed her 1st birthday due to lockdown so am really pleased to organise a party for her with our part of the family. The lucky girl will be getting 3 days of birthday parties this year.
I decided to make a double layout so continued the colour theme I used in my Scrapbook Layout – Its a Bing Thing – Part 1. I wanted to use a technique I learnt a few years ago where you use card stock to make an image. Before adding the photographs and journaling.
Its a Bing Thing Scrapbook Layout Page 1
I started by cutting a large circle out of a sheet of 12×12 Daffodil Delight card stock. Next I cut another circle out of a sheet of 12×12 Real Red card stock. Next I cut a slice out of each circle and put to one side the Real Red circle and the Daffodil Delight slice as I would be using them for Page 2.
I then took the dotty stamp from Brushed Blooms and stamped all over the Daffodil Delight slice and Real Red circle with Real Red, Garden Green and Daffodil Delight ink to look like cake sprinkles.
I then stuck them onto a sheet of Very Vanilla 12×12 card stock. Next I die cut 7 circles using Garden Green card stock and the largest Stitched Circle die. I stuck these circles around the edge of the circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Its a Bing Thing Scrapbook Layout Page 2
First I stamped the dotty image from the Brushed Blooms stamp set over the Real Red circle and the Daffodil Delight slice again using Garden Green, Real Red and Daffodil Delight ink.
I took another sheet of Very Vanilla 12×12 card stock and stuck the Real Red circle and the Daffodil Delight slice onto it. Next I again added the die cut circles to the layout.
Finishing off the Its a Bing Thing layouts
To finish off the pages I die cut out the letters ITS A BING THING from Garden Green card stock and SOFIA from Daffodil Delight card stock. I then stuck these around the large circles. Finally I used the Balloon Bouquet punch to punch out some balloons and added them to both layouts.
Once I have taken the photographs I will be able to use either the smaller Stitched Circle or one of the Layering Circles to die cut them out.
This will be the first time in over 10 years of scrapbooking that I have a themed scrapbook layout prepared before the event and a list of photographs to take.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my double scrapbook layout based on my Its a Bing Thing theme. I cannot wait to take the photographs to go on these pages and adding the finished layout to this blog. Why don’t you have a go at designing a scrapbook layout just using a specific shape as your theme?
Thank you for visiting my website today, remember keep stampin n crafting.
Please click on the NEXT button to see what layout the wonderful Sharon has come up with using the theme Scrap it in the Round. Please do remember to leave comments as you hop around. Thank you.
Blog Hop List
- Sharon Dalton
- Marga Bultena
- Julia Quinn
- Jill Hamlett
- Janice Thomson
- Delys Cram
- Sharni Haines
- Siggi Wille
- Cheryl Taylor
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits