Welcome to the Tech 4 Stampers Academy Blog Hop
The theme this month is a sketch
For this blog hop I decided to think outside the box and make a scrapbook layout as part of a series of scrapbook layouts called ‘It’s a Bing thing’ for my granddaughters 2nd Birthday. We missed her 1st birthday as we had just gone into lockdown. Because we are just coming out of a third lockdown and we can only meet in groups of six, we are organising a party for her based on her favourite TV character Bing.
I started by choosing a piece of 12×12 Very Vanilla card stock as my background and then looked up the colours for Bing. The colours I am using are Real Red, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight and Basic Black.
I started by cutting a strip of Daffodil Delight and Garden Green card stock from a sheet of A4 card stock. I cut these strips so that the joins are behind the bottom circle.
Using stamps to make a graffiti background
Next I used the sentiments and party hat image from the Zany Zebras stamp set to cover the top half of the layout to make it look like Graffiti. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment along the bottom using Garden Green Ink before stamping a hat at the end.
I then die cut three Stitched Circles from Real Red card stock and added them to the layout using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I die cut two smaller circles from the Layered Circles dies. I will use one for some journalling or a photo and I turned the other to look like a button badge.
Scrapbook Layout Title
To make the button badge I stamped the To and Day sentiment from the A Wish for Everything stamp set. I used the Garden Green Marker to ink up the stamps. This enabled me to miss out the dots on the To stamp. I punched a balloon using the Balloon Bouquet punch and Real Red card stock. Next I die cut a number 2 from the Playful Alphabet dies using Daffodil Delight card stock. I then stuck the number 2 onto the balloon and added it above the stamped Today. Finally I added a piece of linen thread as a string to the balloon.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my first scrapbook layout based on the ‘Its a Bing Thing’. Remember a sketch can be used for any project not only a card.
Thank you for visiting my website today, remember keep stampin n crafting.
Please click on the next person on the list to see how they have used the sketch.
Blog Hop List
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits