Welcome to this month’s Stamp ‘N Hop Blog Hop
This month’s theme is Christmas
For this Blog Hop I decided to show you a variety of Christmas cards using the Coming Home stamp set. I also chose to use the matching Trimming The Town designer series paper and I wanted to show you two ways to colour in stamped images in.
The reason I chose this stamp set is because for every Coming Home stamp set sold Stampin’ Up! will give £2.50 to a charity devoted to adoption, fostering and infertility and as I work in Childrens’ Social Care this is a cause I deal with every day.
Card Design 1
I chose to make a couple of 10cm x 10cm cards using Whisper White for the card base. Then I cut a 9.5cm x 9.5cm mat layer using Pool Party card stock. Next I cut a 9cm x 9cm mat layer using Whisper White card stock for the stamped images.
As you can see I have stamped the image the same on two cards. This enables me to show you the effect of using water colouring pencils and blends to colour each image.
I die cut the wreath on the larger house from the designer series paper using the Home Together dies.
Using Watercolouring Pencils
For these two cards I used the Water Colouring Pencils and a Blender Pen. I love how the Blender Pens make the Water Colouring Pencil colours more intense.
For these two cards I coloured each image in using Blends. I love how you can use both Dark and Light versions of each colour to get a blended effect.
Card Design 2
I love doing these cards as you can make two card bases from a 10cm x 10cm square. I chose to use Whisper White Thick card stock for the card bases.
For instructions please see September’s Stampin Dreams Blog Hop. Click Here.
Again I coloured one card in using Water Colouring Pencils and the other card using Blends.
Card Design 3
The final design I chose to do was a Z fold card. I cut a normal 10.5cm x 14.85cm card base and then scored one of the sides in half to make the Z fold.
I then cut the Trimming The Town designer series paper to fit each side. Next I cut a 10.5cm x 7cm mat layer using coloured card stock. I also cut a 10cm x 6.5cm mat layer using Whisper White card stock.
The images were then stamped onto the Whisper White mat layer and coloured in using Blends,
Finally with Christmas cards you need to add some bling so I added some Wink of Stella to all of the Christmas trees.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my selection of simple cards and that you will want to have a go yourself. You can use any of these designs for any occasion by changing the stamp set and designer series paper.
Thank you for visiting my site today, have fun and keep stampin n crafting.
Please click on the NEXT button to hop on over to the wonderful Mo and see what she has chosen for her Christmas project.
Please remember to leave comments as you hop around.
Blog Hop List
- Stacey Marsh (UK)
- Jenn Charles (USA)
- Narelle Fasulo (Aus)
- Libby Dyson (Aus)
- Laura Mackie (UK)
- Susan Simpson (UK)
- Vickie Kello (Aus)
- Sandra Roberts (UK)
- Karen Egan (UK)
- Kim Price (UK)
- Alison Carter (UK)
- Pia Gerhardt (DE)
- Gez Carpenter (UK)
- Cheryl Taylor (UK)
- Mo Rootes (UK)
- Jo Blackman (UK)
- Caroline Peck (US)
- Donna Lester (UK)
- Vickie Littlewood (UK)
- Sandra Herzog (AT)
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits