Welcome to this month’s Scrapbooking Global October Blog Hop
The theme this month is Nature
When I saw this theme I knew exactly what I was going to scrapbook and already had the photos mounted ready to design a double page layout around them.
This year one of my friends sons is fundraising to go and help out on community projects in Ecuador. One of his ideas was to plant some tomato and cucumber seeds and sell them once they were ready to plant out.
As I found out about this just as the plants were ready to sell the only one left was the runt of the cucumber plant batch.
It was a sorry looking plant. My friend was so embarrassed that it looked so bad. Once my husband saw it he decided to name it Fonzy as it was a cool cucumber.
Within seven days this sickly plant had started to grow and within five weeks we were picking lovely cucumbers well before anyone else who had a plant from the same batch.
Last week we picked the final cucumber from Fonzy and this week we had to put him on the compost pile.
One thing I love about nature is how it surprises you. From one puny plant we managed to get over 20 cucumbers from it.
RIP Fonzy the coolest plant in the Greenhouse.
The papers I used are from the Forever Greenery and In Good Taste DSP. I mounted the photographs onto Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive card stock.
When designing the layout I used the Playful Alphabet dies for the titles. For the dates of each photo I used the rosette from the Painted Labels dies and wrote the dates using the Stampin’ Chalk Marker.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my double page scrapbook layout and loved the story behind it.
Until next time keep Stampin ‘n crafting,
Please click on the NEXT button to visit Sherry in Canada and see what she has decided to do for her Nature theme. And also remember to leave comments as you hop along.
Blog Hop List
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- January’s Shop code is PNV7YKBX – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits