Welcome to this month’s Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop
The theme this month is Just Me Scrap Yourself
This month’s Scrapbook Layout theme Just Me Scrap Yourself has been decided by Mai Chapelain. I have a few photos of myself growing up but never got round to scraping them.
The photos I have used are from a roll of colour film that my parents were given as a present. When I was little to be given a roll of colour film was like winning the pools as they were so expensive. The film only held 8 photos.
I decided that the photos are of me on my first trip to the seaside the ideal Designer Series Paper to use for my layout had to be from the Sea and Sand Suite.
I started by trimming down my photos as there was a lot of background that took you away from the main people, Me, my Mum and Dad and my Nanna.
For my embellishments I used Seaside Spray card stock and the main die from the Seaside Seashells Dies. Then I ran the cut out through the Seashells 3D embossing folder to add texture to the die cut. I then cut each part I needed before sticking to the layout.
Next I stuck the photos onto the layout leaving a space for a journaling mat. I made the journaling mat from Whisper White card stock.
Next I stamped the sea weed image and Cockle Shell image onto it. Then I stuck this Whisper White layer onto Seaside Spray card stock before sticking to the layout. I then wrote the title and will leave the rest of the journaling until I next see my parents.
Next I stamped the starfish image onto So Saffron card stock using So Saffron ink before cutting out using the starfish die. These I stuck randomly over the layout.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Just Me Scrap Yourself scrapbook layout and that you have seen some ideas to have a go yourself.
Thank you for visiting my blog today, have fun and keep stampin n crafting.
Please remember to leave comments as you how around.
Blog Hop List
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits