Welcome to this month’s Stamp n Hop Blog Hop
The theme this month is Anything Goes
For my blog hop today I have decided to design a scrapbook layout using the Flowering Cactus Product Medley from the January – June Mini Catalogue. When I was 18 I visited Jungleland in Barnstable and recently found a picture I had taken of the Cacti area.
Flowering Cactus Scrapbook Layout
I started off by looking at the Designer Series Paper and decided to use one which I could die cut out all of the images using the dies.
Then I took a 12×12 piece of Basic White cardstock and using a blending brush smooched Cinnamon Cider ink along the bottom of the card stock and along the top.
I then mounted the photo onto mat layers using Highland Heather card stock and Calypso Coral card stock. I love how these colours not only go with the Product Medley items but also compliment the colours in the photo.
Designing the Cacti
Next I arranged the die cut images along the bottom and around the corners of the photo. I then added some of the smaller flower die cut images and some of the flower felt embellishments to the cacti.
Then I decided to die cut some of the tall Cacti out of Pear Pizzazz card stock and added flowers to them before adding to the layout.
Scrapbook Layout Title
Finally I decided that I would have a very basic title area and to hand write the title (once I found out where the photo was taken). I used Highland Heather and Calypso Coral card stock to make mat layers for the Basic White layer and stamped some small cacti along the bottom right corner.
I hope you have enjoyed reading and seeing how I have made this Flowering Cactus scrapbook layout and enjoyed seeing the various parts of the Flowering Cactus Product Medley.
As I have enjoyed designing this scrapbook layout, I cannot wait to use the Flowering Cactus Product Medley for other projects.
Thank you for visiting my website today, keep safe and remember to keep stampin’ n crafting.
Please click on the next button to visit Sharon and see her project based on Anything Goes. Please remember to leave comments as you hop along.
Blog Hop List
- Vickie Kello
- Sandra Roberts
- Gez Carpenter
- Karen Egan
- Nicole Mahler
- Narelle Fasulo
- Laura Mackie (UK)
- Mo Rootes (UK)
- Annette Elias-DeKijkkast-(NL)
- Vickie Littlewood (UK)
- Rochelle Laird-Smith (Australia)
- Melinda Whittington (Australia)
- Cheryl Taylor(UK)
- Sandra Herzog (AT)
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits