Welcome to this month’s Stamptastic Friends Blog Hop
This Month’s Theme is Spring/Easter
For my project this month I have decided to do a scrapbook layout using photos of me and my granddaughter feeding chickens. Usually when you think of Spring or Easter you immediately think of new life especially little chicks. I was looking forward to taking my granddaughter to a local farm to see the baby animals especially the chicks and lambs. But due to the first COVID 19 lockdown it meant that I could not only see my granddaughter but could not take her to the farm. The earliest opportunity we had was not until August when the chicks and lambs had grown up.
Hey Chick Scrapbook Layout – Feeding Chickens
First I started off with a piece of Basic White 12×12 card stock and laid out the two photos I wanted to use. Then I decided I wanted to use Graces Garden, Hey Chick and Happy Birthday Chick stamp sets and matching dies.
How to make the bottom border
I decided to use the Graces Garden stamp set and dies along the bottom to replicate the gate and fenced off area the chickens were in. So I started by die cutting the arch from a piece of DSP from In Good Taste. I then stamped onto the same sheet the wooden posts and die cut them out. I chose to use the wire fence from the Hey Chick dies and die cut some out using Just Jade card stock to match the fencing in the photos. Next I die cut the climbing plant to go up the arch again using Just Jade card stock. Then I stamped and coloured in using blends the flowers before adding them to the page using dimensionals.
Next I stamped and coloured in the different chickens using blends before die cutting them out ready to add them to the layout. I wanted the image with the chicken holding the balloon to be coming onto the page from the top and was able to cut the balloon off. Next I added a die cut sign to look like the chicken was holding it. I finished the sign off by adding the date of our trip.
I noticed I was using Cajun Craze blends to colour in the chicks so decided to use Cajun Craze and Just Jade cardstock to mount my photos. Once I had mounted the photos I stuck them onto the layout. I was then able to add the chickens to the layout with the mad looking one popping out from underneath a photo. I also added one standing behind the gate.
How to make the Title – Hey Chick
Finally I needed a title so I die cut out Hey Chick using the Playful Alphabet Dies and Just Jade card stock. Next I stuck the letters on to a piece of Basic White Card stock before mounting onto a piece of Cajun Craze card stock. Whilst stick down the letters I decided to make the last letter look like it was falling down and finished off the title by adding the eggs.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my Feeding the Chickens Scrapbook layout and that it has given you some ideas of how to use stamp sets and dies on a layout.
Thank you for visiting my website today, keep safe and remember to keep stampin n crafting.
Please click on the links below to see what the Stamptastic Friends members have used for their Spring/Easter projects.
Blog Hop List
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits