Welcome to a one off Kre8tors Blog Hop
The theme for this Blog Hop is Holiday
For this Blog Hop I decided to show you some cards I made last weekend for a virtual event. I am still deciding which stamp set to use for my Christmas cards this year so played around with the Gnome for the Holiday and the Snowman Season stamp sets.
Cards using Snowman Season stamp set
First I made some simple 10cmx10cm cards using the Snowman Season stamp set.
I started by cutting 7cm x 7cm Whisper White squares and stamping a snowman image using Memento Ink and highlighted parts of the snowman using the Pool Party Light blend. The sentiment I stamped using Real Red ink before sticking onto a 7.5cm x 7.5cm Real Red mat layer before adding to a 10cm x 10cm Whisper White card base.
I made the quarter fold card following the instructions in my September’s Stampin Dreams blog hop and used the Heartwarming Hugs DSP as it goes so well with the Real Red card stock. Click here for instructions.
Cards using Gnome for the Holidays stamp set
Next I used the Gnome for the Holiday stamp set to make a Z Fold Card and another simple mat layered card.
I made the Z fold card by cutting a normal 10.5cm x 14.85cm card base and then scored one of the sided in half to make the Z fold.
Then I cut Real Red card stock and Heartwarming Hugs DSP to fit each side. Next I cut a 10.5cm x 7cm mat layer using Pear Pizzazz card stock and a 10cm x 6.5cm mat layer using Whisper White card stock.
I then stamped the images and coloured in using various Blends.
For the simple card I used a 10cm x 10cm Whisper White card base. I cut a 9.5cm x 9.5cm mat layer from Pool Party card stock and a 9cm x 9cm Whisper White square.
I stamped the images onto the Whisper White square and coloured them in using various Blends before sticking to the Pool Party may layer and then to the Whisper White card base.
Finally I added some glitter shine using Wink of Stella.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing some more of my Christmas cards and will have a go yourself at making the different variations of card bases.
Thank you for visiting my Blog today, have fun and keep stampin n crafting.
Please click on the NEXT button to hop on over to the lovely Ann and see what project she has chosen for the Holiday theme.
Please remember to leave comments as you hop around.
Blog Hop List
Melissa Tennison (USA)
Dana Sullivan (USA)
Laura Mackie (UK)
Janey Backer USA
Tracie St-Louis (Canada)
Jan Musselman – USA
Jacqui Lawrence (UK)
Cheryl Taylor (UK)
Ann Krucek – USA
Annette Elias-De Kijkkast – NL
Sandra Roberts (UK)
Annette Ball – Canada
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- January’s Shop code is RVBMHSAT – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits