Welcome to this month’s
Stamp ‘n Hop Blog Hop
The theme this month is a fun fold card.
As it is Mother’s Day in the UK this weekend I decided to make a fun fold Mother’s Day card. I got the idea from a Pinterest post posted by Annette in Oz on 2013. Annette’s post used a 20cmx20cm piece of paper.
Template for Fun Fold Card
First I started by enlarging the template to fit a 12″x12″ piece of paper before transferring the measurements onto a piece of Basic White card stock. Next I marked points at 3″, 6″ and 9″ on all of the edges of the cardstock and using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool I scored all the straight lines. I then removed the card stock from the Scoring Tool and scored the diagonal lines in the middle. Next I folded the card along the scored lines to make the card.
Front and Back of Fun Fold Card
Inside of Card
Next I chose one of the sheets of DSP and cut it into 4 6cmx6cm squares ensuring that the pattern ran across and down. Then I cut four 7cmx7cm squares from a matching coloured card stock, I chose Pool Party as it went better with the DSP I chose. I then attached the cut DSP onto the cut card stock before attaching four panels on the card front.
Next I cut 7cm wide strips Pool Party card stock to fit all the blocks showing once you opened the card. Once cut I then embossed them using the Brick and Mortar 3D folder. I chose the back view of the card stock as the bricks were more subtle.
Next I stamped the butterfly image using Black Memento ink and coloured in each butterfly using a clear block stamped onto the coloured ink pads and a Wink of Stella pen. I love how the Wink of Stella makes the butterflies shimmer.
Once the butterflies were coloured in I then die cut them out using the Brilliant Wings dies. Next I stuck them onto the inside of the card. I loved how the largest butterfly just fits onto the embossed mat layer.
Next I die cut ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ from the Word Wishes dies and stuck them onto the middle mat layer. I then stamped a sentiment onto the middle mat layer.
To finish off the card I cut a 3cm strip from 12″x12″ Basic White card stock. I then cut a strip of Pool Party card stock and stuck this along the middle of the Basic White strip. As the strip did not go all around the card I die cut a middle panel using the Stitched Nested Labels dies. I used the Blending Brushes to colour it in using Pool Party ink pad. Next using the largest butterfly die I cut a butterfly out of Calypso Coral card stock. Before I stuck it onto the panel I coloured it in using Wink of Stella so it shimmered.
I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the Fun Fold Card I have made. Why not have a go at making one yourself.
Thank you for visiting my website today, remember to keep stampin n crafting.
Please click on the next button to visit Melinda in Australia and see her Fun Fold Project. Please remember to leave comments as you hop along.
Blog Hop List
- Kirsty Pattrick
- Jenn Charles
- Sue Allen (Aust)
- Terry Montgomery
- Vickie Kello
- Kristie Wilson
- Jo Blackman (UK)
- Annette Elias (NL)
- Gez Carpenter (UK)
- Jill Chapman (UK)
- Karen Egan (UK)
- Alison Carter (UK)
- Cheryl Taylor (UK) – YOU ARE HERE
- Melinda Whittington – Australia
- Angela Köber (GER)
- Donna Lester (UK)
- Vickie Littlewood (UK)
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits