Welcome to this months’ Blog Hop
The theme this month is Fabulous Flowers
For this month’s theme of Fabulous Flowers I wanted to use the Hydrangea Haven Bundle from The Hydrangea Hill Suite. I also wanted to have a go at using one set of Stampin Blends to colour in the flower.
Card 1 – Highland Heather Hydrangea
I started off my card with a Basic White card base. I then cut a mat layer out of Highland Heather card stock and then cut a smaller one using Basic White. Next I embossed the Basic White mat layer with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
I then stamped the large flower outline image onto Basic White card stock and coloured in the flower heads using Highland Heather Stampin Blends. Next I coloured the stem and leaves using Old Olive Stampin Blends.
Once I had coloured in the image I then die cut it out using the Hydrangea Dies before sticking onto the embossed mat layer.
Next I cut a piece of Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon to fit round the Basic White mat layer and coloured it using the Light Highland Heather Stampin Blend. I then tied this around the mat layer before sticking all the layers onto the card base. This means I can have a matching ribbon in any of the Stampin Blends.
Next I stamped the sentiment from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set onto a Basic White and die cut it using the Layered Circles dies. I then die cut a slightly bigger circle using Highland Heather card stock and stuck the sentiment onto it before mounting it onto the card.
Finally I added some Highland Heather Pastel Pearls to the sentiment to add a bit of bling to the card.
Card 2 – Melon Mambo Hydrangea
For my second card I had to have a version in my favourite SU colour – Melon Mambo.
This time I cut the mat layer using Melon Mambo and coloured in the hydrangea flower head using the Melon Mambo Stampin Blends. I coloured in the Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon using the Light Melon Mambo Stampin Blend and die cut the larger circle using Melon Mambo card stock.
To finish the card off I stuck some of the Seaside Spray Pastel Pearls around the sentiment.
I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the two cards I have made and want to have a go at making some yourself.
Thank you for visiting my blog today, remember to keep stampin n crafting.
Blog Hop List
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits