Welcome to the first Colour Combo Blog Hop of 2021
The three colours for this month are Bumblebee, Melon Mambo and Pool Party
For this Blog Hop I decided to carry on with the theme of 10cm x 10cm simple cards but this time using the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set from the annual catalogue.
I started off by cutting six Whisper White 10cm x 10cm card bases. Next I cut two 9.5cm x 9.5cm mat layers in the three colours. I then cut six Whisper White 9cm x 9cm mat layers to stamp the images on.
First I stamped the main flower image using Smoky Slate ink and then used the three colours to stamp the smaller flowers on top of the stamped Smoky Slate image.
This mat layer I then stuck to one of the coloured mat layers before sticking to one of the card bases.
For this card I stamped the main flower image onto white tissue using memento ink. Then I stamped the smaller flower image using each colour as for the first card.
Next once the ink was dry I scrunched up each piece of stamped tissue paper.
I spread multi purpose glue over the Whisper White mat layer and opened up the tissue paper enough to lay over the mat layer but still leaving it creased.
Then as per the first card I stuck this layer onto one of the coloured mat layers before sticking it onto one of the card bases.
I love how the glue has made the coloured ink run slightly. I think if it was stamped in green it would look like a tree.
Now I can now add a suitable sentiment later when I need to send the card out.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing the cards I have made using the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set and the tissue paper technique. Please have a go yourself.
Thank you for visiting my blog today, remember keep stampin’ n crafting.
Please click on the Next button to visit the lovely Kathrin and see how she has used these three colours in her project.
Please remember to leave comments as you hop around.
Blog Hop List
- Elisabeth Pirolt – Little Lizzy’s Crafts (AT)
- Sue McDonald – Frankiesue Stampin’
- Annette Elias – De Kijkkast – (NL)
- Sandra Roberts – Sandra’s Craft Studio (UK)
- Amanda Farlinger (Canada)
- Tricia Butts (US)
- Kimberley Morris – procrastistamper (US)
- Jenn Charles (USA)
- Karen Egan (UK)
- Nicole Mahler (US)
- Gez Carpenter – Nigezza Creates (UK)
- Jo Blackman (UK)
- Mo Rootes (UK)
- Sue Allen (Australia)
- Rebecca-Jo Unwin ( Australia)
- Cheryl Taylor (UK)
- Kathrin Fuchs – stempelfux (D)
- Sigrid Joch – Sigrids kreative ART (D)
- Stacey Marsh (UK)
- Request a free catalogue – click to request a Stampin’ Up! catalogue on then button on the left hand side of your screen.
- Go straight to my On-Line Shop
- April’s Shop code is UFBVBS44 – Please use it when you order between £25 and £149 and receive a free gift and card from me.
- If your order is over £150, please do not use this code, but I will still send you a card and free gift.
- Large orders or wanting to host a party then you will get Stampin’ Rewards for orders or party orders over £150.
- Coordinating Bundles – Save 10% on stamp sets and with matching dies or punches
- Grab a bargain at the Clearance Rack – Save up to 70% ‘whilst stocks last’
- Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter, classes and latest special offers by clicking on the button on the left hand side of your screen
- Join Now – Get £130 worth of products for only £99. Choose from current catalogues and any specials available. Free shipping and special demonstrator benefits