Welcome to Stampin ‘n’ Crafting with cheryldiana.
I am an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator from England. You may have just started with me or just visited Danielle and seen her lovely project.
Today I am taking part in a slightly different blog hop which involves a project for Home Decor. This is the first time I have taken part in the Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop. For those of you attending my all day class on Saturday this is one of the projects we will be making.
During a visit with my Demo Upline Sandra Roberts to IKEA we came across the Malma mirrors and knew we could use them with mixed media to make a project. So of course we bought a couple to try out.
As I was driving to a Business demo meeting at Sandra’s, I was thinking about how I could decorate the mirror for my all day class. As some of you already know I love pink and butterflies. I did not have the new butterfly die so I was thinking of using the Dragonfly Dies instead.
When I arrived at Sandra’s, she was doing a mixed media class that day. I was really surprised to find that she was using the mirror for the project and the dragonflies. She was also using mint macaron and Share What You Love DSP.
When her class had finished I was able to use Sandra’s resources to make my version of her project.
This is what I came up with:
For my mirror I decided to use Blackberry Bliss reinker as the main colour theme.
First the mirror was painted in White Gesso, then corrigated cardboard was glued on to give it some texture, builders scrim was then added for a different texture and using the embossing paste and brick mask to add another texture.
This was allowed to dry before spritzing with Blackberry Bliss Ink.
Once everything was dry, areas were then stamped in black memento ink using the Post Script stamp.
To decorate the mirror
Dragonflies and bees were die cut out 3 times using Basic Black card stock and stuck together to make them more sturdier. The leaves were cut using the Flourish Thinlits in Pear Pizzazz card stock. 3D flowers were made using the layering circles dies with the scalloped edge and Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo and Powder Pink card stock.
As the current Stampin’ Up! letter dies were too big for this project I did have to use a retired product. I chose the word Inspire as it is one of the Stampin’ Up! main words these were painted with crystal effects to give them a shiny look.
Once everything was stuck in place, the mirror was spritzed using Wink of Stella diluted with polypropylene to give it all a sparkle.
I am really pleased with how the mirror turned out and I hope you like it as much. Please do leave a comment before you hop on over to Leonie in Australia.
<!– end InLinkz script —