Welcome to the First Colour Combo blog hop of 2020 and a new decade. As you can see the colours this month are Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz and Pumpkin Pie.
When I saw these colours I immediately thought of flowers. Now to decide which stamp set to use. Of course I had the Timeless Tulips stamp set and matching punch from the NEW Occasions catalogue.
First I cut my mat layers using Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock. Then I stamped the tulip stems using Pear Pizzazz ink pad. I love how the polymer stamps enable you to slightly bend them to make different types on stems.
Then on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock I stamped the leaves in Pear Pizzazz and tulip heads in Pumpkin Pie. By stamping off slightly I was able to make different tones of each colour. These I punched out and stuck to the card using Stampin Dimensionals to raise them up.
I wanted to add a bow using the White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. I learnt the technique of stamping onto ribbon at On Stage Live in Germany so I decided to stamp the ribbon using Basic Gray and Pumpkin Pie ink pads and the dotty stamp from Beauty Abounds stamp set though any type of patterned stamp will work.
Finally to finish off the card I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Timeless Tulip stamp set.
I hope you have liked my project. I’m off to make some more cards using this design and the rest of the sentiments in the stamp set.
Blog Hop List
- Elisabeth Pirolt – Little Lizzy’s Crafts (AT)
- Sue McDonald – Frankiesue Stampin’ (UK)
- Kimberley Morris – procrastistamper (US)
- Tricia Butts – Tricia’s Stamping Creations (US)
- Angélique Nederpel – de Stempelkeuken (NL)
- Rene Guenther – Stempeln-mit-Rene.de (DE)
- Ramona Schneider – Stempel, Stanze & Co (DE)
- Rebecca-Jo Unwin (AU)
- Judith Postler – Judiths Stempelei (AT)
- Cheryl Taylor (UK)
- Sandra Roberts (UK)
- Caroline Peck (US) – Sparkle and Stamp